12.10.2008

#185 Little Miss Rainfall


5"x7" oil on masonite SOLD

Geez, I feel like I'm cheating because I painted this like 2 weeks ago before my trip and I didn't have a chance to post it until now. Seems like a long time ago. I remember really liking the ambient light underneath the umbrella and the way her big shorts hung on her little legs. I'd better pick up a brush soon before I forget more about painting. Seriously I tried to do a little digital painting the other day and had a hell of a time just judging the realative colors (especially green).

See available paintings | Email me about a commission

5 comments :

Diane Hoeptner said...

Love this one.

Anonymous said...

It's what I call "synthesis".

mike rooney studios said...

was her top really purple or did you paint it as yellow's compliment? glad to see your back and cant wait to see some new paintings.

Jeff Mahorney said...

Thanks guys. :)

Mike-It must have been there. I really don't change colors. I either see a color/temperature or I don't. The only thing I do mess with is composition. I'll move something, take it out, change the size, all kinds of stuff, but I won't make up colors. At my relatively unexperience stage it seems like it would be too easy to add a false color that stands out of the color key like a sore thumb.

Jala Pfaff said...

This is a great one.