6.23.2010

#292 - Bench Gazing


5"x 7" oil on masonite Sold


I like how this turned out but the color key tried to get away from me at first. I couldn't get the color spots to "click" together until I gave up in one section and worked on another. I think it was the bottom of the dress where the colors started to read right. After that "click" happens you can build all the color relationships upon that.

I wanted to murder the scanner after it gave me an image from glare city where everything sucks. I had to take this pic with my pocket canon 850is. Ugh! what a noisy image in comparison. Then of course I spent too much time trying to fix the colors / removing noise. I can smell a new camera coming on very soon. I've already started the research obsessing and am going to have to take the DSLR plunge soon. Better image capture or death! Hopefully the former.


See available paintings | Email me about a commission

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

Beautiful image!
Good luck on your hunt =)

Kim Rempel said...

Fantastic Jeff! I particularly like the handling of the face/hair and bodice. Solid, yet a fresh glow.
I have a Cannon - no complaints : )

Nicole Horn-Fakher said...

Hi Jeff,
wow, I love this painting.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Such a great an interesting painting. One complaint...too long between your posts. Come on now!

Daniel Corey said...

Niiice!

suzanneberry said...

This is perfect!! I love everything about it. Good luck camera hunting. My Canon rebel is pretty cool.

Randall said...

I'm having to live with what I have. Argggggh. I tried the software manipulation and just hate it. There is one thing I might mention that I just remembered. On WetCanvas.com in there somewhere theres info on how to take photos of your art. Hopefully there will be an end to stubborn camera syndrome, lol.

~Kirby

Jeff Mahorney said...

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for visiting!

Yeah i think I'm really sterting to focus (no pun) in on the canon rebel t2i.

Jala Pfaff said...

Love it.

Ruth Andre said...

Wonderful!