1.13.2009

#196 Northbound


6"x6" oil on masonite SOLD

This is how I like to paint (If my brain doesn't get in the way): Simple, in basic shapes and "right" colors to capture the truth of the light. And then STOP. Anything else and I'm just fussing (or noodling). Seems I haven't met a square vehicle I don't like eh? but I've always loved these buses. I stalked this one like I was hunting a big mechanical caterpillar. I love their big vacant eyes and the hint of people inside that you can barely make out, like ghosts.


See available paintings | Email me about a commission

5 comments :

mike rooney studios said...

i love the way you boil down all details to just a few big "on target" color spots, that describe the subject and its light key to the "T"

WTG!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I like your description of the bus and how well you paint when your brain isn't getting in the way. This is a slammin' painting.

Liza Hirst said...

I agree - a slamming painting!
Colour combination and atmosphere are beautiful.

Karel Tuinart said...

High class paintings Jeff! I love it!

Jeff Mahorney said...

Much thanks guys! cheers. :)