9.14.2010

#297 - Pink Drink


















2.5"x 3.5" (ACEO) oil on artboard Sold


To buy a print click here:

print information

Painting these violets and magentas really showed me the blind spots of my limited palette (cad yellow light,cad red,alizarin,ultra marine, thalo blue). I had to literally use magenta and violet oil colors just to reach the amount of saturation. It was just plain outside of the color range of what I could get between mixing alizarin and ultra marine.

See available paintings | Email me about a commission

4 comments :

Bev Boren said...

Great work Jeff, your ideas are put down in just a few strokes and so painterly. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I love this one! Your beverage paintings are always a wonderful way of showing your skills! Especially with light play.
Just beautiful, Jeff!

Stephen Washburn said...

Hi Jeff,
Always like seeing your work!!
Did you use Zink White with that Magenta?

Michael Pieczonka said...

Love this one Jim, smashing colour.