4.19.2010

#277 - Red Pear No.1


2.5"x 3.5"(ACEO) oil on artboard Sold
That greek dude said you can't step in the same river twice. Well I tried, or at least I tried to paint the same pear twice. Seriously though, the other morning I lined up two ACEO cards to see if I could paint two at the same time (of the same scene). So I put a brush in each hand, blindfolded myself, turned up the enya and started swingin! Ok, that's a lie (especially the Enya part). I'm just not that strong with the force yet, but I did alternate strokes between the two and almost made a twin. Almost, but not quite. I think that greek dude is right, you can't paint the same pear twice, which is probably a good thing.

Here is this one's almost twin which I'll post up in a few days.


See available paintings | Email me about a commission

7 comments :

Tony Latham said...

Love those BIG BOlD strokes!
As usual, color is magnificent.
Sounds like a fun idea - the same pear twice.
Greek dude, huh - can we ever really do exactly the same thing twice?
Thanks for the post and the great pear!

Kelley Carey MacDonald said...

MMmmmmMMMMmm! This ones' got a lot of POW! I like it! Great highlights!

Becky Joy said...

I love the bold, luscious brushstokes that you use and oh yes, those colors. Wonderful.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Your paintings have such a nice feel about them. Obviously, the bold brushwork is part of it, but for me, your unique way of seeing color is what is so special.

Saundra Lane Galloway said...

love that you took a poke at it...the end result is awesome!! GREAT WORK...and way to go not letting a comment stop you from trying!!...those greeks!! lol

carol morgan carmichael said...

Your pears are sooooo good! Love the play on colors and the minimal brushstrokes.
Really like your wine picture too! So soft and inviting.

Jeff Mahorney said...

Ah! More great painters visiting me!

Thanks for the nice comments you all. :)