6.23.2009

#247 Celery


2.5"x 3.5"(ACEO) oil on artboard   sold
This was some color fun. Just a little joy to paint. It's amazing the temperature shifts that exist in reflected light.
I'm a big fan of the scanner (vs. camera) but I had to battle the image in photoshop just to get the colors close to being right. I realize it appears different on each different monitor, but I'd at least like to get it right on my mine. Seriously, I have no idea how you can getclose to what your painting looks like without photoshop. Off the top of my head, here are the tendencies of my scanner: In general images come out colder, Yellow-greens come out waaaay to cold and saturated and reds tend to saturate out and it often won't show the color variations(toward warm or cool).
Ok, enough bitchin about modern technology. Bottom line is I'm highly suggest photoshop training in an area like color correction (maybe at lynda.com) for anyone frustrated with what's coming out of their camera or scanner.

See available paintings | Email me about a commission

7 comments :

Jala Pfaff said...

Extremely fun.

Jeff Mahorney said...

thanks! I actually love this one, but I think im the only one. oh well, looks great on my desk! :)

CHANDAN KHERWAR said...

Devops course
Nice article with such a great information. Learn more about devops course and also many other courses to get the best knowledge.

Khushboo's Daries said...

Vey nice article and it has lots of information and proper way of explaining the content .Learn more about cyber security course and many other informative courses inside

professional course said...

Thanks and many other informative courses inside

Khushboo's Daries said...

This article is full of informative and knowledgeable courses to know more then look into Digital Marketing Course and and expand your knowledge.

Tarun said...

Nice information. Thanks for sharing. power bi course