4.13.2009

#229 Overgrown



5"x 7" oil on masonite $37.50 (50% off - end of year clearance sale)
to purchase, email jeffmahorney@gmail.com or


This is of two old barrel halfs in our backyard. The grass I was neglecting overgrew around them and soon it looked like they had always been there. It cradled the two and it was beautiful in the morning light.

Yeah, I know I've been MIA. Sorry, had a two week rut there. Paintings weren't working for me and I had to take a break. It's funny to see I can still get demotivated by a few setbacks. But not for too long I like to think. Anyhoo I'm painting again.

Thanks much to Olga Wagner and Laura Daniel for the passion for painting award. :)

The rules of this blog award are that the recipient shares 7 things he/she is passionate about, and passes the award on to 7 other deserving bloggers. So be it...

7 of my passions in life:
1) My family cuddled up on the couch (wife and pets)
2) My extended family
3) Painting!!!
4) Graphic Design
5) Good Beer
6) Geek Stuff (scifi, video games, gadgets, computers etc.)
7) Great Cinema

7 fabulous artists to watch and celebrate:
Carol Marine
Kathy Weber
Aaron Lifferth
Karin Jurick
Qiang Huang
Frank Gardner
Colin Page

See available paintings | Email me about a commission

3 comments :

jean neely said...

So nice and sunny!
I'm glad you're back. I think we all missed you, but a break is good now and then.
Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you on my blog. Feel free to tag or not as you wish. Don't want to keep you from your painting.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

We are all so self critical and it's had not to compare ourselves with each other. One step forward, two steps back ;)
This is nice and loose.

Jeff Mahorney said...

Thanks! It's good to be back. Being away from painting is like being away from home for too long.