5.07.2008

#153 Backyard Plein Air


5"x7" oil on masonite $37.50 (50% off - end of year clearance sale)
to purchase, email jeffmahorney@gmail.com or




This was painted yesterday in the backyard facing an old 50's style house through some dense trees. This was fun to paint. I think I started around 3:30 so the light didn't travel too fast and it gave me time to compare(in value/hue/chroma) all the masses. Always feel like I'm in a race outside. Right in the middle of it, I hear a screen door slam in the distance and suddenly my big dog came loping through the trees at me. He just thought it was delightful to have found me here after figuring out the screen door.

Thanks so much to everyone (family and friends) who came to MomArt this year. I had a great time, made some new friends/contacts and sold some paintings. What else is there?

Notice how we have deftly positioned a fire extinguisher smack in the middle of my display. The message being these paintings are so hot that you might need a fire extinguisher! Yes, all part of my master marketing plan. :P

See available paintings | Email me about a commission

4 comments :

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

What a wonderful display of your work. Your wife did an awesome job. Love the fire extinguisher touch.

What is your support for your work on display? and how is it mounted? It just looks great... the black and all. You can always count on me to ask question's can't you?

Your story of your dog cracked me up. Lucky you didn't have the painting landing upside down on the ground.

Frank Gardner said...

The display looks great Jeff.
Glad to hear it went well.

The plein air from your back yard looks good too.

PAT MEYER -- said...

Very calm and lovely painting that just makes you want to be there. Pat

Somboon said...

Your dog is very handsome.